SiteGround offers its web hosting service is impressive, but covering the technical aspects of their service doesn’t really give you an idea of what choosing SiteGround can do for you on a practical level.
With that in mind, let’s look at some of the real world pros and cons of using this hosting company.
Pros of the SiteGround Web Hosting services
- Free site migration service is one of the best things about SiteGround to avoid hassle while shifting web hosts. This service is applicable for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, single websites, and for Static HTML websites. You can transfer one website for free regardless of the website size along with it transfers addon domains (cPanel managed accounts), FTP accounts, and emails.
- Customer service of the SiteGround is completely unparalleled as you can access telephone support or live chat 24 x 7. You can also send your query in the form of ticket and the technical team will reply providing all the required information to your query in a clear and detailed manner. Finally, the customer support representatives either call, chat, or in the ticket form are helpful, patient, and friendly to clear your queries in a detailed manner.
- Speed and performance The SiteGround is sending the requested website files as efficiently and quickly as possible. The test performed based on their data centers IP confirms the same that they are providing the best speed and performance to the viewers. However, SiteGround reliability, speed, and performance are the major pros along with their features.
- WordPress Optimized SiteGround web hosting infrastructure is optimized for WordPress hosting. The SuperCacher is the best caching solution for WordPress based on Nginx for dynamic caching system.
- Uptime Guarantee For any website uptime is more important, the uptime % of the hosting provider tells you in detail in an average how often website is unavailable or down. No web hosting provider will provide a 100 % uptime guarantee as many factors are involved in this matter. However, SiteGround is providing monthly uptime of 99.999 % and yearly uptime of 99.996 % which is a great sign that the website faces low downtime.
Cons of the SiteGround Web Hosting services
- The cPanel UX is a basic one and redesigning is required for better visual appeal and navigation.
- Google AdWords credits are not available like on other hosting providers.
- Not suitable for multiple websites hosting and for small budget hosting people. The most affordable plan allows only 10,000 visitors on monthly basis.
- The shortest billing cycle is 12 months.